Thursday, May 13, 2010

*Does A Happy Dance*

School is "Officially" over for the summer... and my grades became available today!  *grins*  Yeah!  I am pleased with them and am glad they are all passing grades.  *phew*  So the summer has starting for me and there are many things on my *Ta-do list.  It is going to be a very busy time so my list may need some adjusting here and there. 

Some of my projects will involve computers and learning some basic programming, which will be beneficial.  As the semester started to draw to a close, I added "additional" studying to my list in order to hone those skills and keep a couple of subjects fresh in my mind.  There will be "Arts and Crafts"... *grins* during my "summer camp."  :P  For this week, though, I am "chillin"... well mostly, trying to wrap my head around CSS coding.  What I know has been learned through trial and error, mini tutorials, tearing the coding apart, and trying to make sense of it!?  There has been no "formal" education with this type of Web development so far.  However, I decided it would be a good subject to "learn" and understand because one of my favorite past times involves CSS.  So far, from what I can see, it is like html, but it is "smarter" coding.  I am looking forward to learning and experimenting with this form of programming.

Funny, during the spring semester, I all but cut myself off from the "world" so that any distractions would be kept to a minimum in order to focus on my studies.  I knew this first semester would be challenging, mainly because it had been so long since my brain muscles had been used in learning.  About half way through the semester, I realized that it was coming back to me, and that I could “breath” a little.  Even though it was becoming easier for me to accomplish my academic tasks, I still did not want to risk adding some past activities into my schedule.  I felt bad because the communication with my friends was next to nil, but at the time it was the only way to accomplish my goal to finish my first semester back in the academia land of my knowledge quest.  Now, I feel like a kid in a candy store, running around trying to find my favorites, but cannot  decide where to start!

The weather here is incredible.  We are in the “fun” part of the year, and even though it started a bit late due to a colder winter, tornado season has “officially” started!  Monday left this area hit hard, talking about Oklahoma City and the surrounding towns and counties.  We were lucky here and only got the golf ball sized hail, very gusty winds, and of course rain.  Others were less fortunate and our hearts and thoughts go out to them.  My daughter’s friend lost someone close to her, and she leaves behind three children.  Bless her heart, she wants to console her friend but is at a loss.  We can imagine to a point, as Dad’s passing is still “new.”  Today it is…. Brrrrr COLD!  Earlier this morning for a little over an hour it got a bit dicey and had to drag out the “keep ‘em calm” meds for two of the poochies.  Flipped on the T.V. to see if the weather was going to go from “breezy” to circular whirly jigs!  Lol  ;)  Fortunately and thankfully no, it was just loud, illuminating and wet.  :?  It is supposed to be like this, weather wise into next week.  Fun!  :P

For now I will close, need to tackle some more CSS as there is a web page that is in dire need of recoding.  I got it “revamped” to a certain point, but am stuck at trying to get “tables” and the contents of the tables to show up.  I am really looking forward to learning how to do it right…. Or mostly right?  lol

0.0

p.s.  one project is to make "smilies" or lil emotion icons to insert where there is *grins* or my lil :? or :P...

1 comment:

  1. YIPPEE summer break :D
    Sounds like fun as far as the computers go, not so much with the tornadoes. Only been in a few. Around way too many. I don't miss it. Sending my best to you and yours

    ReplyDelete