Saturday, June 12, 2010

!o.o! Schedules !o.o!

Per last post, “officially” on summer break and well….. it has been “insane!”  Will go into that here in a bit.  My original intention to post once a week…  :?  well, time flies *cough*      lol, especially when one is having fun!    In between reconstructing a web page for a social network site I help out with… [ P.A.L. Page ], trying to learn CSS, playing in a tournament, being a dog sitter, trying to find job resumes/history (would like a part time job…  :?), refilling the tea, and….. well the list is and will go on, has been rearranged, revamped imploded… “?” (lost count, many time! Ahaahaaaa)  “Time” it seems has gotten away from me, yet again!  PLUS our family, bless us everyone!, is undergoing another “emergency” or as some are lo.oking at it, another “test.”  (will go there later! )  So my once a week post attempt got a tab bit side tracked…. hopefully “Saturdays” will be a good day to do this… or whenever? eheeheeee only time will tell 


Since the last post, weather wise, Oklahoma has had NO shortage of interesting atmospheric wonders happening.    From aggressive snowballs falling from the sky, to really “windy” days, to the suffocating humidity, OK’s weather constantly changes and always fascinates me!  lol!    An update on Kat’s friend, who lost her childhood friend in the May tornado, her three children survived, thank goodness and last I hear one of the boys was still in intensive care.  The two boys were tossed up into trees, and their grandfather and a passerby got them out.  Their little sister was near them, at the base of the tree where they were found.  Their mother, unfortunately did not survive the toss… they lived in a mobile home.  (A dangerous combo in “windy” conditions)  The community where they lived surrounded them with love, generosity and TLC!  They put on an event to help raise money for the lil ones care, as initially all three were in I.C.U. for a few days, it is a miracle they survived… period!  Blessings go out to them and theirs. 

Not long after that, not quite two weeks and well… my heart got to race a bit.  Mom had gone off to Idaho to visit my brother and his wife for a lil “vacation.”  Was so glad she finally made plans to “get out of Dodge” for a bit.  Sunday, May 16th, Kathryne was already at work and as I started to putter around, got that “feeling” climbing over me… the “OK weather is gonna get dicey feeling.    So I flipped on the T.V. and it was on a weather alert, so I knew it was going to be an interesting afternoon.  End result, Kat’s car looked like it was driven through a golf driving range, her front windshield looked like it had a base ball bat taken to it, her back windshield was shattered (the only thing keeping it in tack was the tinting) both side mirrors obliterated, standing water and hail balls were in the back floor board and seat, head lights and tail lights were broken, and the frame was grossly pitted.  When I saw her drive up… my jaw dropped to the pavement, almost literally!  I hugged her really tight whispering “Thank You Dear Beloved Creator for keeping my kidd safe during this storm!” over and over!  Thankfully her schedule was different and she was indoors at the time, helplessly watching as her car got pummeled!  The rain and hail came down so fast, it was just below need deep water for a bit, the new got a shot of her wading in it as she looked at her car after the onslaught!  Talk about feeling helpless!  All I could do was send out there… “Please take care of the kidd and protect her and those around her.”  Wish I had pictures to post, it was incredible.  So… with the evening forecast pending with more sever weather, we took card board, plastic trash bags and duck tape to minimize more water… which, come to find out, we did not need to do, as the insurance company sent out a tow truck the next day to gather her car.  Kat was a bit beside herself… I cannot imagine why… for the life of me :?  Seriously?!?  Lol, because she was heading out of town Wednesday for her vacation!  We found out just before she came home that her car would be totaled… so she is carless at the moment.  Would rather have that than the alternative!
  When I drove her to work one day, the devastation in that area was astounding!  So the hidden blessings surrounding that day are so welcomed and we are extremely grateful for!



Now after the kidd’s ordeal… Mom’s visit was going well in Idaho, but during her time there my sister-in-law fell ill and had to be taken to the emergency room.  Her health has been declining rapidly over the last 3-5 months, which mom was aware of before she went, and knew it might be an “interesting” visit.  Mom came home… but made the decision to return to Idaho to help with my sister-in-law, upon my brother’s request.  As we discussed these events that were unfolding, she decided to go and stay for six weeks.  She really felt the “call” to go help and try to do her best, and help my sister-in-law.  Fully understanding this, as I experienced the same thing when Dad got sick, I supported her decision, but had concerns.  Mom has “care-giving” in her blood, and she is an excellent caregiver… BUT… she has a tendency to throw herself into that position so much she forgets to take care of her and will get run down to the point she cannot function.  (my concern… via firsthand experience!)  So she was here long enough to get laundry done, take care of some things and then she headed back.  Fortunately, with me being here, her dogs would not have to be boarded and thus… my “official” but “unofficial” job of the dog sitter continued or, started or….. well go ahead, pick one!  :)   She had been there… if I remember a lil over a week and they had started talking about trying to find her additional help… possibly here in Oklahoma, in Tulsa.  On the 19th of May, my email produced a new flight itinerary and an email with “I’m coming home” in it, with an “I’ll explain later.” note.  Mom got home on Saturday, May 29th, with my brother and his wife leaving via car on May 31st to arrive in Oklahoma on June 1st.  They would pile back into a car on June 2nd, with my Mom included and head to Tulsa, Oklahoma, where she would stay for at least three weeks, if not more. 

During all of this, I finished school… (previous post) which included finals, etc… completed FAFSA for the fall, watered dogs, took a lil brain break and played games on sites avoided while in school, tried to reconstruct a web page, fed dogs,  cracked open a book or two on CSS, started a tournament, broke up the occasional “dog fights,” fed kid here and there,  got the web page somewhat reconstructed, fed dogs again, found a nifty CSS generator, watered the dogs, started the tutorial for the CSS generator, read more in the CSS books, played Yooyu Ball (tournament am in… YES! am a “closet” Neopian! -.- and proud of it!  Haha!) fed the dogs again… funny they need that daily!  0.0  Considered rearranging my site… imploding it completely and “reconstructing it” (changing content… etc.,)  watered dogs sum more, played with them too! Kept thinking need to update this blog… fed dogs AGAIN! -.-  Took on another project, that hopefully might pan into a “job” that I can work on while in school and would greatly help me with “hands on experience”…  fed dogs again, resupplied the tea, wondering if the weather is going to get “dicey” later today? Trying to pick out a yarn color to knit my sis-in-law a pair of socks (sent her a pair and she requested another pair *smiley hugs*) am enjoying my summer “break” and thankful that did not consider taking summer classes, as there would be noooooooooo way I could have crammed in a semesters worth of studies into one summer with all that is “not” going on?  *phew*  gut instincts do serve me well!!!  ahaahaaaa!  Greatful dogs are taking a nap right now! (we have added an additional one… to my “dog sitting” my brother and sis-in-law brought there lil poochie)  so, are my days full?  hmmmm I was thinking a couple of weeks ago I might run out of things to do… :?  Yeah right!  Not!  lol or lmao better yet… ROFLroflROFL, probably not a good idea, too much dog hair on carpet!  *grimace!*  

Nutshell links:  hahaha  here are some of the things mentioned in above links that am doing or working on…

Web page working on for the guild I am in on Neopets:  P.A.L. Page
This page has undergone a few transitions, this being the most recent. The coding is CSS, which I am in the process of learning and the gal that made this... well... am studying her coding.  I did "tweek" the page a bit, added a 4th collum and am working on rebuilding the smilies.  Got this far before the tournament started and will get it finished before school starts in the fall.  My "ultimate goal is to work up original CSS coding... well it is a goal.
If you would like to join go here:  [dolphin_dreamzsz ] and look me up!  Most likely I will be playing YYB (Yooyu Ball) and will see your message (Neomail)

Project working on:  [ link to follow ]  it is in the “developing” stages right now.  (working up coding)  Will put up a before and after link eventually.

New site found that am having fun on, come join me and Darnel:

!o.o!  OH!  Did manage to get some lil biddy smilies made up!!!  Intergrating them in the post... well not working out  :?  hmmmmmmmm... going to have to "play" with them.  Here are a couple...



1 comment:

  1. Silly me!!! o.o forgot to include the other site address... sheesh, update to follow! lol :P

    ReplyDelete